Manufacturing Modeling System
A Fortune 500 consumer goods company needed a simplified modeling system to analyze manufacturing processes via simulation. The client was looking to grow their manufacturing modeling community and improve design, troubleshooting, and testing of machinery and materials.
Problems with the existing solution:
- Three separate software applications were being used for static, dynamic and finite element analysis. Each application has a different user experience and learning curve, requiring a significant investment getting users to the desired level of competence
- The three tools did not integrate, which resulted in significant time spent re-entering duplicate data into each system
- Modeling experts were nearing retirement, which required knowledge transfer to the next generation
After our Collaborative Product Discovery, we constructed a single desktop tool that would combine the disparate applications for an advancement in the next-generation modeling technology.
- A single tool with one point of entry to aid analysis, eliminate data entry duplication, reduce entry errors, and reduce time and cost
- The tool enabled users to collaborate, helping to achieve knowledge transfer that needed to take place
The modeling solution addresses the clients’ need for a tool to grow the community and keeps users at the forefront of modeling practices.
- Improves user experience; custom UI matches Microsoft Office user experience
- Enhances collaboration within the modeling community
- A single model is used to do three different types of analysis (static, dynamic and finite element)