Getting WebEx to work with Windows 10
I recently upgraded my machine to Windows 10 and when it came time for a client meeting over WebEx was dismayed to see the following error:
WebEx won’t work with Windows 10? Oh no! I tried Chrome, IE, and Firefox, but it wasn’t working in any of them. I thought maybe I’d have to set up a virtual machine just so I could use WebEx, but this would still be problematic if I wanted to share my Windows 10 desktop. Eventually, though, I found a workaround.
- Download and install the IE Tab extension for Chrome.
- Open the tab by clicking on its icon in the top-right of Chrome.
- In the tab’s address bar, paste in the URL for your webex meeting.
The WebEx meeting should load and work fine in Windows 10 at this point. Why the IE Tab for Chrome works and IE itself doesn’t is a mystery to me, but at least there’s a workaround.
Latest posts by Derek Plote (see all)
- Getting WebEx to work with Windows 10 - January 6, 2016
- Why you should probably be using Single() rather than First() - August 2, 2014
- Have a MSDN subscription? Then start using your free monthly Azure credits! - July 31, 2014